Restart time

anyone know why after the GF is done with a project and you want to start a knew design it takes for ever.
My GF just sites on focus and usually I have to shut the machine down and back on. It is like the machine gets stuck.
Any idea’s out there?

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting in this section, so they’ll be able to look at your logs and see what’s happening, but my guess is it’s having trouble staying connected to your wifi.

3 Likes

Hello there,

I’m so terribly sorry to hear that you’re having this trouble with your machine. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step in which the lens focuses inside the printer head (you may hear this when it’s happening - there’s an audible “ticking” sound as the lens moves up and down in the head). There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Could you please check a few things for me to help narrow it down?

1. Check the printer head lens by following steps 1-5 from these instructions: Cleaning – Glowforge. If you see anything unusual such as damage to the lens or debris in the printer head, please take a photo of it and attach it to your reply
  2. If you are using magnets to secure material to the crumb tray of your Glowforge, please remove or reposition them and try again. Magnets placed close to the printer head may cause trouble during calibration
  3. Check the connection of the printer head to the white ribbon cable in the printer arm. Turn off your Glowforge, unplug the head, and plug it back in. Note whether the cable plugs back in securely, and whether you feel it “click” into place

Let us know how it goes!

Hello @cmleblanc1,

Its been a few days since we heard from you, so I wanted to check in and see how things are going. Are you still having trouble with your Glowforge? If so, were you able to try the steps my colleague Gabe provided?

If the issue is resolved now, please let us know and we’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Hello
Thanks for checking in. I have not had a chance to go through my GF yet.
I hope to go through and run checks this week.
Mike

Thank you for the update. That sounds great. We will leave this forum thread open and look for your response this week.

Have a great day!

Hello
I have run 3 different set tonight and the same issue.
When one print is done I have to turn the GF off and back on a couple times then it starts up again.
Mike

Hey there @cmleblanc1, I apologize for the delay getting back to you. Since the troubleshooting steps you tried did not resolve the issue, then unfortunately your unit has an issue we won’t be able to solve remotely. We will need to make a warranty replacement.

To get the process started, I will need to confirm some personal information, so I’m going to send you a separate email. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

Hello
I have not received a follow up email.

I’m so sorry you haven’t received my email. I sent it again just now. Can you please check again and let me know if you received it this time? Thank you!

Hi @cmleblanc1. It looks like you were able to receive Morgan’s follow up email. I’ll go ahead and close this thread now. Thank you!