Rethinking some things... The Andon saga continues

Happy Monday!

When you are spending more time creating the instructions for a file than it actually took to design a file, you may need to rethink the design. LOL

Finally finished the Andon construction instructions. Whew! That was fun. LOL

35 Likes

OMG, I want this too!!! I love your designs.

4 Likes

Thank you! I will admit it is a little “fun” to put together.

3 Likes

Excellent modification to an already terrific design.

3 Likes

Thanks! I have one more to post, but don’t have any ply at the moment. So it iwll have to wait until after I get more in.

2 Likes

You are funny! Great design though!!!

2 Likes

LOL… It was a lot harder to explain on paper than in my head.

1 Like

If you ever need me to go over your instructions - let me know. I used to be a whiz at creating step by step tutorials.
p.s. it shouldn’t hurt your creative brain.

3 Likes

LOL…it’s more about turning the plans into 3-D models. I spend a lot of time making it look right.

1 Like

It looks like your instruction writing abilities are as top notch as your design abilities! I wish all digital file creators did such a good job.

PS: couldn’t resist, had to buy the file. Thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you!! I hope they are descriptive enough. My degree in graphic design helps to make them look ok, it’s the actual instructions I hope are understandable. Lol Thank you for buying it! Let me know if something doesn’t make sense when building it.

3 Likes

The instructions LOOK good at least! If you ever need a tester, let me know!

3 Likes

Nice design. I just purchased it because of your excellent written instructions. Writing good instructions is difficult because they are information dense and any deficiencies are easy to see. This is why there is a proliferation of long YouTube videos where the information could be more efficiently conveyed in one or two pages of written documentation that could be read and understood in a fraction of time it takes to glean the information from a video. Creating written documentation seems to be a forbidden transition for many people.

For the non-chemistry geeks, a forbidden transition is an excited state of an atom, molecule or nucleus that is forbidden by some selection rule, but can still proceed more slowly when other selection rules are taken into account, e.g. phosphorescence. The Etsy page of designvh619 is Excited Atom Designs. Therefore, his written documentation will shine on!

Happy Holidays!

4 Likes

Thank you!!! And damn… you got the reference for my name! Awesome!!! I thought I was being clever. :joy:

1 Like

I will take you up on that! Writing the instructions for the Ferris Wheel Advent Calendar now. It’s going to be like 20 pages. Be careful what you wish for! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

4 Likes

That is awesome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! BTW…there is a little glue, Mostly snap-together. LOL

2 Likes

I cut some boxes out of cedar planks and since cedar is just not too forgiving, can’t start smacking it with a rubber mallet, I made the kerf 0, so I have been been on a glue kick recently.

2 Likes

I am starting to use glue more cause some of the designs I have just won’t look good without it. I will use this power judiciously. :rofl:

4 Likes

With great power comes great responsibility

3 Likes