Return PRINTER

I received on GF and on the 2nd day it already had so many issues - “too hot” or “too cold”. Didn’t make dime, things wouldn’t cut. Connections kept breaking and the printer was still stalling on prints. I sent vids, and got few replies but ignoring my REFUND request and the proper address to return to sender. I WANT A REFUND on my printer and while SUPPORT is following these feeds, please try ot respond to my messages on your support chats & emails. Geez this is a terrible experience.

They do not (generally) offer refunds on purchased items. They will work with you to get it working. You can always try to sell it.

3 Likes

I hope this isnt so, to wait for a reply this long is terrible customer service. This would mean we’d have to fix problems by days work? I cannot work this way.

You’ve bought a laser from a start-up. 3 years ago it would take a week to get a response. Now it takes less than 24 hours. 3 years ago it didn’t have half the improvements it has now. It can be frustrating if you have a hard time setting up, but there are 10s of thousands of people who have successfully set up, some with help from CS. You can be one too.

If you want 24/7 support, there are lots of other lasers out there, but you (generally) won’t be able to return something after you have already accepted delivery.

2 Likes

This is the first time tuai has posted —

There are hundreds of ways that a bit of misunderstanding, or expectation can make starting out a frustrating experience. Any other complex tool, be it 3D printer. or laser. or even CNC will usually be worse. There is a long mostly boring list of things you have to do to set up, and things like your WIFI that the Glowforge is more stickler than most things for a solid signal.

There are other things like the nature of the universe that make a very limited range that such a laser can operate without burning itself out. No matter who makes it, the balance of operating temperature and tool life has to be made.

Three years ago I purchased a 3D printer and in the week it took me to not be able to get it to the point of plugging it in they would not do a refund. Today I have it almost ready to go after paying someone to help me get it almost to the point of operating.

If you sell your Glowforge you will need to contact Support with the details of the transfer of the machine to the buyer so the buyer can connect or like a car registration it will appear stolen.

2 Likes
  1. Refunds. Refunds may take up to 10 business days to process. All refunds are in US dollars. If you are located in the United States, returns are subject to the following conditions:
  • Prior to confirmation of shipping address: You will receive a full refund for your purchase price, including shipping.
  • Unopened Glowforge Basic, Plus, Pro, or air filter package(s) within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 10% restocking fee.
  • Opened Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro unit, unused, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original materials and packaging, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 15% restocking fee.
1 Like

You have apparently used it, even if you did not like the result. If I had that with my 3dPrinter, I would have had a refund. You did not say if you are in the 30 day period, but having tried to use it that would not matter. They are good people and far better than the 3d printer company that I think is out of business anyway, so they may do more than they have to, but it is entirely up to them.

1 Like
  • Opened Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro unit, unused, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original materials and packaging, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 15% restocking fee.
  • Opened Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro, unit used up to 50 prints, no visible wear or damage, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original packaging and materials except the Proofgrade Materials, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 30% restocking and refurbishment fee.
1 Like

Keep an eye on your emails. They will not process a return on the forum to protect your privacy. (They will contact you to confirm your decision and arrange for the return of the unit. Your refund should be processed when they receive the unit and have inspected it for damage.)

I would hate to get hit with that 30% restocking fee, but you’re obviously aware of the return conditions. So…best of luck. Hope you find one that suits you.

3 Likes

Two days of touching the machine? I hope it’s not 30%

1 Like

Well, the verbiage you printed there said unused - 15%, used -30%. You might want to check with them when they contact you directly…(you might decide to hang on to it and let them check it out to make sure everything is functioning correctly instead of returning it. That’s a pretty big chunk-o-change.)

5 Likes

I had a long thought-out response but then I realized something…

It does not appear you are aware of the live support feature you have access to. Simply hold down the teal button on the glowforge for about 10 seconds and request “support” and should get connected to live support.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I know;(

This is day 2 of waiting, no support emails. Am I missing something?

So if the only option you are interested in is a refund then you are just going to have to wait till support gets to you and hash things out with them.

However, if you want some help from the glowforge community (which truly has a lot of knowledge and would be willing to help) to try and get you up and running with the machine, then I would recommend printing the gift of good measure and posting the resulting photo here. The print is a really helpful insight. This is the link for the gift of good measure:

You truly have potential to make back the money for your machine and much more. Why not try letting us help while you wait for official support on your refund request?

If you browse this forum, you’ll see many recent issues are taking several days to get a response - 4 or 5 in some cases. You’ve got the weekend coming up. The simple problems generally get a response in a (business) day or two.

As you’ve already got a ticket open via email, they’ll close this discussion and continue working with you there. Posting here essentially created a duplicate ticket for the same issue, that just slows things down.

1 Like

Wow. This is kinda crazy, how do you do business this way? Definitely not healthy or a good company to work with.

You would have received an instantaneous auto-response. If you did not, then either they didn’t get your email or you didn’t get theirs. Have you checked your spam folder? Add @glowforge.com to your white list.

This would seem to indicate that you have a conversation going. At this point they’re running your questions/problems up through higher levels of support, which take longer to respond.

You need to be patient.

I’m so sorry you’ve run into trouble with your Glowforge this early in your journey with us. I’ve just sent you an email about your refund request. I’m going to close this thread and we will continue to work with you over email,

3 Likes