Revised Opinion of Customer Service

Many of you read my post about the short life of my filter and the the difficulty of getting a successful cut using proofgrade material and Glowforge designed projects. Because of my frustration I really came down hard on Glowforge’s customer service. I want to let you know that I have totally reversed my opinion and am now very satisfied with the process and especially with the results. Glowforge did determine that my machine was defective and I now have a brand new replacement that is producing high quality results. I decided to return the filter and eat the 30% restocking fee and the shipping costs. Thanks to several suggestions from the Community I designed and built an exhaust system to lift the fumes up and out of my basement. Thanks to all of the Reps at Glowforge that helped.

31 Likes

What’s a little outrage among friends?

9 Likes

Frustration is understood… and nice to hear positive remarks on your experience afterall!

Like your set up & really like that bench! Can almost read the name–is it Kobalt or Hobalt?

3 Likes

Great that you have found a solution. I have been wondering for quite a while just how much could be removed by cyclone. My suspicion was not very much but had never run any trials. Please let us know how much ends up there and how much buildup from pieces sticking on their path around the centrifuge part.

2 Likes

Kobalt

Thanks!

I’m pleased that you posted a positive resolution…GF customer service folks work very hard to please us and fix things that go wrong. They deserve to hear good praise.

6 Likes

That exhaust system looks interesting. I’d be curious to hear what you ended up doing and how well it works.

2 Likes

From a ways down the rabbit hole…

3 Likes

I use a Dust Deputy on my vac attached to the bead blaster. Helps keep that dust under control without gumming up the vac’s filter. I’ve used the other d-i-y methods of making my own cyclone separator but for the price, the Oneida is worth the savings in time & effort.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Glad you are up and running!

1 Like

Dump it up into the living room?

2 Likes

I always wondered if a cyclone ahead of a compact filter would help with premature filter failure.

2 Likes

Might but I’d expect they’d need to boost the CFM - it has to be enough velocity to create the swirl.

2 Likes

Your probably correct on the Cyclone, but I thought I would try it anyway. Will comment back on this later.

1 Like

I agree!

1 Like

The Cyclone is dual purposed, I can switch it back and forth from the Glowforge and my XCarve/vacuum system. I am not sure it will help that much on the Glowforge. The exhaust tubing is “POWERTEC 70143 PVC Dust Collection Hose 4 Inch | Flexible Clear Vue Heavy Duty PVC Hose” from Amazon. I also have an “AC Infinity CLOUDLINE S4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller”. This is to give a slight boast up and out of the basement and into an outside port. This part works very well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.