Ribbon catching on bolt head during print

Posting this here instead of Problems and Suport because I’m not really sure if it is a problem…

I’ve noticed that the ribbon comes into contact with a screw/bolt head as it goes back and forth.

Anyone else seeing the same thing? Just pull it gently forward?

1 Like

Video isn’t showing but definitely move this to problems and support, or send them an email.

1 Like

I think I remember someone saying that moving a thread to Problems & Support doesn’t notify staff the same way opening a new thread there does. But I could be misremebering.

3 Likes

No. You are correct.

1 Like

Yup, that’s why I didn’t move it for them. I should have noted that @jed_ike needs to post a new thread there. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll send an email instead of moving it. Don’t want to double up their queue.

4 Likes

On mine about a third of the ribbon cable is glued directly to the gantry surface. This is so the ribbon will track correctly as it folds during the left/right movement of the head. My ribbon has a good bit of distance between it and that screw. Two possibilities: either the ribbon is glued slightly askew or the glue has let go.

3 Likes

Thanks @rpegg! That makes sense. I’ll check how/if the ribbon on mine is glued down.

2 Likes