Ribbon head is stuck to the bar

Last night I got an overheating message on my Glowforge. I immediately turned it off to let it cool down. Today I went to turn it back on and it was stuck focusing, with a yellow light on the machine. I went to look at the ribbon and can see that it is ‘glued’ to the metal bar in the middle, for about 5in. It can not move freely. Any tips on how I unstick this?

1 Like

It is supposed to be glued to the metal bar. That section of the white cable does not move.

4 Likes

LOL, well, then that’s not my problem. I’ll keep figuring out why it’s stuck on focusing.

2 Likes

Likely an issue with your WiFi integrity. More often than not that’s the problem rather than a problem with the machine.
Support will be able to check the machine logs and tell you what’s up.

1 Like

Thank you!!! I will look into this. I think you’re right because we had other WIFI issues last night too.

2 Likes

BTW, Welcome to the fun house!

1 Like

Okay, I just rebooted the Glowforge and re-connected it to the WIFI. It is still not working. Yellow light and stuck on focusing.

1 Like

You can try connecting through your phone to rule out the wifi.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.