Ribbon Rack 🎀

The closet was mess of ribbons, so with some trial and error, I made the following simple “practical cut”

These 2 (screenshot) are glued together so the 2 screw holes are on top, and the 2 slots are in front. Cut on 1/8 in plywood.

These are the shelf brackets, cut on 1/4 in plywood, (or you could double them up with 1/8 in, and glue em together like the others.

I cut out 2, but it was sagging in the middle, so I cut out a 3rd for the middle.

Dowel sold separately. :slight_smile:

Score the ribbon.

Download link:

ribbonshelf1.svg.zip (4.4 KB)

35 Likes

Very practical! (And love the customization.) :grinning:

4 Likes

Mahalo Jules

2 Likes

This is a great design, and can be modified for so many things…I’ve got dozens of spools of wire that just found a home…Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

My pleasure! No sense just leaving that file to sit on the computer and collect dust! Folks can modify it and make it even better! Post a picture if you use it!

5 Likes

A great idea for any removable rack but wondering what you make with all that nice ribbon :grin:

4 Likes

Cool, thanks!

5 Likes

@rbtdanforth I don’t use it, but it is mainly for gift wrapping and probably was disorganized leading to multiple purchases.

@cynd11 thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice share!

4 Likes

Mahalo!

1 Like

Great job! Thank you for sharing your work!

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

That is brilliant! I never considered mounting the trash bag roll in the cabinet - just push the box around. And this let’s you use the big bulk rolls of bags.

(Although it’s possible that these will be outlawed in CT. They’ve done that with “single use” plastic bags that used to be used at stores. For a year before total banning they charged 10 cents a bag if you wanted one. Funny thing is we used the “single use” store bags multiple times before tossing into one of these truly single use ones :slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing the file for this. I’ve got multiple use cases for this running through my head.

3 Likes

They did the same here!
You have to slide the middle bag out to get the dowel in.

My pleasure!!!