Ripped box

Hello, new owner here! I received my glowforge a couple days ago and when I took the black straps off the box I noticed one side was a little torn. After removing the white handles one side completely opened almost. I did email support about this to see what I should do but maybe I did it wrong. Other side is fine

1 Like

Posting here duplicates emailing, so shortly someone will be by to close this and respond to your email - but the answer is - go ahead and set up your machine. The boxes are designed to take a beating. If it turns out they managed to actually break the machine you’re just ahead of the game having opened a ticket, but fingers crossed the box did its job!

Find a hidey hole to hide the box after you pull everything out - you’re not going to want to trash that!

Good luck!

4 Likes

Unless you were really excited to get it open, it looks like shipping damage to me. Nothing unusual, but the company wants you to keep the box in case it ever needs to be returned.
Have fun! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It’s good that you took photos to document the damage. I’d recommend a heavy-duty reinforced paper tape repair to the corner, for if you ever have to ship your GF. The inside packaging probably absorbed the punishment. Watch the initial startup like a hawk; if all is well, then you can do a happy dance.

Hope you have lots of fun with your laser.

5 Likes

Ok thanks so much!

1 Like

You will notice bubbles in the tube at startup. they should clear in the first minute, the system is self purging.

5 Likes

Thanks for the help and guidance everyone!

@mtrevoncarter6 I’m sorry to hear that your box arrived in that condition. Thank you for the pictures. I see that you’ve set up your Glowforge and began printing. That’s great! I’ll make a note about the box. In the unlikely case that you need to use the box for a warranty issue, please tape up the box and let us know.

I’m going to close this thread. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to start a new topic, or reach us at support@glowforge.com.