Risers for Pet Bowls

I love my robot vacuum, but it has a bad habit of pushing the pet food bowls everywhere. I tried putting the bowls on a tray, but the vacuum would climb over the tray, knock over the bowls, and redistribute the pet food all over the house :roll_eyes:. I finally got tired of it and built some risers that the vacuum can’t climb over. I had a hell of a time getting the patterns to work ( I use Illustrator), but I’m really happy with the results.

38 Likes

Great idea! I love the engraving for the kitties.

1 Like

Very nice job of outsmarting the robot and keeping the fur babies happy.

3 Likes

They are like the pod people. Looking to take over the world!

Cool idea, love the pattern!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m a textile designer, so patterns are kind of my thing. I just wish it wasn’t so hard to get the Glowforge to read them. But thanks to the lovely people on this forum, I did finally manage to get it right.

2 Likes

Ingenious. Plus the way you have the bowls fit into the tops, even the pets can’t knock them over. Great job!

I’d have to have risers all over the house so I wouldn’t have to pick stuff up before our robots clean (we have one upstairs and one downstairs). Our dog food is already elevated onto the bottom of a small cabinet, so that, at least, is safe.

1 Like

Nice job! I made a few of those out of acrylic for our cats. Both food and water bowls, which always seem so tippy. They are going on 4 years old now and still going strong.

2 Likes