Rose Experiment

Really a nice demo of precision. It would be neat to combine this with @gwygonik’s squiggle draw.

Generative SVGs for engraving

4 Likes

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

You just HAD to do that, didn’t you? Here I thought I had pretty much chased this one as far as it could go, and then you drop that on me.

Gonna be wasting a LOT more materials in days to come!

4 Likes

It’s now occurring to me that you could run a quick very shallow score of the main rose shape, pull off the masking from the center areas, and then cut the tiny lines - leaving the big masking on the rose itself…it’s not like you can tell whether the tiny lines have smoke stains on them!

3 Likes

You’re safe. It appears the code has been taken down.

No, it’s still there, or it was earlier today, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve been playing with it. Haven’t tried to make a design with it yet, though.

Interesting, I looked earlier and again now.

Higher power saying “don’t start down yet another rabbit hole…”

2 Likes

WOW WOW WOW and WOW.

1 Like

Here is an idea;
-remove masking on the back of the area being cut
-clamp the material to keep it from moving
-score around the areas with the thin cuts,
-remove front masking in those areas with out removing material from the machine
-then proceed with the whole cut file.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that any “residue” from the burning would not be visible on any of the thin cut areas from the front. I think it would have the back side flash back effect that we all know and love, but maybe there is a way to either either sand those spots, or clean them to make them less visible. I’m a big fan of calling it “Character”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stunning!

1 Like

It makes me want to use it for spray paint fun and I don’t even do that kind of stuff. That is AWESOME!

1 Like

That’s amazing

1 Like