To cut, or to weed and clean? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The cut took 43 minutes.

3 Likes

WOW.

[Yes, Discourse. “Wow,” is a complete sentence.]

4 Likes

So nice! Okay, now for some curves…

3 Likes

I love the aesthetic of that. Really pretty!

2 Likes

wow very nice!

2 Likes

Wow. Incredible! Is that mdf? Are you going to pour a resin in it to “strength” the cuts or leave it as is. I have had some luck getting that thin with acrylic, but I didn’t think wood would hold up. I thought it would just be char. Hmmm…

4 Likes

Lol and another hour to weed it

2 Likes

It’s PG maple plywood. I haven’t tried it on acrylic yet, but the PG plywoods handle it fine with some tweaking of settings. Just can’t get it too wet while cleaning, because those little slices warp really easily! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really a nice demo of precision. It would be neat to combine this with @gwygonik’s squiggle draw.

Generative SVGs for engraving

4 Likes

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

You just HAD to do that, didn’t you? Here I thought I had pretty much chased this one as far as it could go, and then you drop that on me.

Gonna be wasting a LOT more materials in days to come!

4 Likes

It’s now occurring to me that you could run a quick very shallow score of the main rose shape, pull off the masking from the center areas, and then cut the tiny lines - leaving the big masking on the rose itself…it’s not like you can tell whether the tiny lines have smoke stains on them!

3 Likes

You’re safe. It appears the code has been taken down.

No, it’s still there, or it was earlier today, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve been playing with it. Haven’t tried to make a design with it yet, though.

Interesting, I looked earlier and again now.

Higher power saying “don’t start down yet another rabbit hole…”

2 Likes

WOW WOW WOW and WOW.

1 Like

Here is an idea;
-remove masking on the back of the area being cut
-clamp the material to keep it from moving
-score around the areas with the thin cuts,
-remove front masking in those areas with out removing material from the machine
-then proceed with the whole cut file.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that any “residue” from the burning would not be visible on any of the thin cut areas from the front. I think it would have the back side flash back effect that we all know and love, but maybe there is a way to either either sand those spots, or clean them to make them less visible. I’m a big fan of calling it “Character”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stunning!

1 Like

It makes me want to use it for spray paint fun and I don’t even do that kind of stuff. That is AWESOME!

1 Like

That’s amazing

1 Like