Round Tokens & Slide Top Box

Isn’t that exactly what is being done when affiliate links and links to purchase from ones website start to pop up consistently in threads?

2 Likes

I could see that side of it. But IMO, people don’t have a problem with getting product recommendations. There have been entire threads dedicated to "what types of things can I buy to help make my glowforge experience a better one. Do you think people shouldn’t ever recommend products? Or that people just shouldn’t be able to profit from recommendations? And if it’s the latter, why the distinction? Are you worried about people recommending things just for profit and not as actual recommendations? I think that’s a valid concern, and one I try to be wary of, but I don’t think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak.

Sorry to BergerFamily for accidentally high jacking your thread. This will be my last response on here to avoid spiraling it further from the actual intended topic. I’m happy to discuss this further on a dedicated thread in Everything Else or via PM’s

1 Like

I think it would be different if the original post had a link or if it wasn’t disclosed. Since he has an affiliate relationship with Amazon it is his business and as long as he goes about it ethically I think it is something new we have to get used to.

1 Like

Pretty close. It had “Amazon Basics Portable Photo Studio” which if you highlight with your mouse and right click, search Google it pops up the Amazon page link. Not quite as easy as clicking on the below but pretty nearly a link.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-EP53-010723-Portable-Photo-Studio/dp/B01GIL6EU4

But a link like the one I used (copy the URL) and it shows the snippet of what the link goes to. A shortened link like the affiliate one doesn’t show as much. A full URL link is a better referral I think.

I don’t have as much of an issue with an affiliate link (kudos to him for disclosing that) but what seemed to be a bit over the top was asking for the lead and then using that to create an affiliate referral.

Maybe it’s just me.

It’s not just you.

used the box of 10 method today when I was having too much pattern shift due to kerf after flipping some pieces. Really good way to minimize the effect of kerf. Thanks.