Rounded parts, not cutting properly

I have an SVG, which has rounded fillets between edges. It looks like this in InkScape:

I circled the part of interest.

When I upload this file into the GF, the circle is inverted. It looks like this (Ignore the bad background bed image. My GF is offline, and I’m nowhere near it to refresh the bed image.)

Notice that the arc is there, connecting the right points. But it’s going in the wrong direction.

I opened the same file in Google Chrome, and it looks fine:

Here is the svg that is giving me trouble:

test1

I’ve seen this once before. Most of the time, these fillets show up fine.

Don’t know what to tell you. I open your file directly to the UI and it has the fillets backwards. If I open, resave in Inkscape, open in the UI and the fillets are still backwards. If I open in Inkscape, ungroup your object, resave, then open in the UI the fillets are then correct.

3 Likes

Thanks @rpegg for trying that out.

I just tried grouping and then ungrouping it. (I don’t think they were grouped in my original file). The fillets still show up backwards.

But the fact that you got it to work somehow gave me hope. So I decided to try joining the nodes of the fillets to the lines next to them with the node join tool in Inkscape. I only did one fillet, but now, all the fillets are showing up fine.

NOTE TO SUPPORT: This does not mean I consider this issue is fixed! I don’t want to have to verify each time I upload a file that all my fillets are showing up fine. And if they are not, then joining them using a path tool in Inkscape.

I still think this is an issue that needs to be looked into.

1 Like

@polarbrainfreeze Only last night, I was editing a drawing in Inkscape, and had a similar thing happen to me, with a small curved section in a corner flip inwards. But that was in the Inkscape software, before I had a chance to try it in the GFUI.
Sorry I can’t be more specific - bad short term memory it seems - but if I can drag it back, I’ll let you know.
Just thought I should let you know, as the problem might not be at the GFUI end of the process.
John :upside_down_face:

EDIT It might have been that I had two nodes on top of each other at the end of the curve, and removing one solved the problem.

1 Like

It might be an issue in how Inkscape save the files.

But it shows up properly for me in:

The only place I see it wrong is in the GF UI. So to me, it’s a GF issue. If all those software packages handle it properly, then the GF UI should too.

2 Likes

You need to save this as a Plain SVG and not as an Inkscape SVG.

While Inkscape uses SVG as its native file format, it uses an Inkscape-specific flavor as its default. I can see this in both the header and the file content.

Specifically (in the body of the document):
<path inkscape:connector-curvature=

I will try that. Thank you. Although it’s still odd that all the other programs are displaying it properly.

I’m sorry you ran into a snag, but I’m glad to hear you were able to find a work-around in this case.

We are seeing this, too, and we will look into the issue.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!