Router Bit Storage

It’s not likely the profiles would match either. At least for some.

1 Like

Thanks! Good points. I’ve just done a few channels and rounded corners here and there, so quite the router newb…

Here’s another tip for free ;-). If you decide that you want to hog out a LOT of material at once, just don’t. I’ve broken my wooden pieces just trying to put a 1 inch roundover on the edge. You should raise it just enough to take a bit of wood at a time (rule of thumb is no more than 1/8" at a time), raise the bit again, test it on a scrap, do your next cut, raise and repeat until you have your nice smooth edge.

On my mugs, I used to do a 1/2" roundover on a 1" thick handle. I’ve busted so many handles by trying to do the entire round over at once. Even now, sometimes I’ll get “greedy” and try and do more than a 1/8" at a time, and sometimes it works, but too often I’ll get a chunk ripped out, or something cracks and breaks off. Take your time and you’ll get better results quicker because you won’t have to make the thing 2 or 3 times…(learning from your mistakes only works if you don’t do your mistake again…:smirk:)

4 Likes

There’s really no such thing as a “shortcut” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Shortcuts make for long delays,…”

2 Likes

Oh there are plenty… shortcuts to learning opportunities :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue: