Router stand mount

Hi There …

Just I was wondering what is the best way to mount a router to get the best wifi signal for my glowforge as it’s setting down in the basement, so in order to solve this issue I had to mount my router in the basement upper window so it can catch a good signal.

I decided to make a simple design as a mount that is nice and clear and it can directly fit into the window glass without drilling or risking to break it.

here are some pictures for the mount and pictures after installation …

Router Mount

Thank you all …

24 Likes

Good job!

4 Likes

You do realize they put those mounting holes on the bottom so it can be flush-mounted against a wall, not having to stick out into the room like that as if it was just elevated off a desk?

2 Likes

I know that, but my setup was like this because my Ethernet cable wasn’t that long so it hanged near the window and there were no chance to get it down to the table, so I decided to do the mount up there … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now that was funny…

I saw Router stand mount.

oh somebody is mounting their woodworking router. see the acrylic and think. HMMMM

then scrolled and saw the wifi router. looks nice and thanks for the chuckle.

7 Likes

Probably would have been less effort to order a longer cable from Best Buy or some other on-line retail site. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably yeah but I decided to get it my way :wink:

2 Likes

Me as well :rofl:

2 Likes

Was my thinking as well :crazy_face: still trying to figure the wood one out.

3 Likes

Well all this time I’ve been having problems with my router location. You just saved me a major headache. I see this and it’s one of those facepalm moments because I never thought to use the glowforge to make something like this. So thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Nice solution! I love making practical tools with my laser tool.

1 Like

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one that thought that!

2 Likes

well when for 50 plus years you have been talking about one kind of router, and just a few years for these new fangled network routers, you get in a rut. :slight_smile:

1 Like