Rumors about the Full Spectrum Muse Laser

Watching this really makes me happy for auto-focus. I would totally lose that red disc and be stuck using a pile of quarters to focus it.

5 Likes

That guy is such a tool that my first instinct was to shut it off.

3 Likes

Nothing like an entire machine having to wait because of losing one tiny part that isn’t attached.

Remember drill chucks? Remember losing the drill chuck? Remember tying the chuck to the handle of the drill, and then getting it caught on your workpiece?
I 'member.

I love the modern chuckless drills. I think I’m gonna love autofocus too.

10 Likes

Kind of like other “auto focus” lasers that use a little drop-down rod that touches when it’s the correct distance away. Just using a camera now.

2 Likes

(administrative note: trying to be better about merging redundant topics; since the same discussion is happening simultaneously on two different threads, I’m putting it here)

6 Likes

The fact that doing a 3d engrave on the muse would take up to 255x the amount of time as a glowforge is a no go for me. I already have a k40. Im sure once both units have been out in the wild for a while people will start to realize the big hand up the glowforge has over the muse.

I also dont think the optical alignment differences between them will really be that much of a big deal.

3 Likes

That was pretty funny :slightly_smiling_face: I have a K40 too and it might we’ll take 255 times longer to do a 3D engrave. Maybe not, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Sounds to me like they are taking their time to make things right, just like the Glowforge.

3 Likes

If only this would have occurred before the marketing push… :unamused:

3 Likes

At least they’re not disappointing 10,000 people who put up $25M a year and a half ago :grinning:

(Tongue in cheek)

6 Likes

Ever call an FSL Support line? :grin:

1 Like

Correct me if I am wrong and these have been demonstrated, but three that come to mind are:

1. Using the lid camera over a large area, other than just in the centre to scan/engrave with accuracy.

2. Using the head camera to improve accuracy.

3. Using the auto focus on curved/uneven objects.

@dan ?

4 Likes

No you aren’t wrong. I dont think any of those are working yet except maybe part of the first one. Tracing at the edges is going to be dubious at best though

1 Like

Well that explains the 1 Day old posts mixed in with the 4 day old ones…i thought I was seriously misreading

6 Likes

From this quote on the GF Buyers Group, it looks like at least one Muse is shipping:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/905784596166200/permalink/1257833680961288/

Though the web seems otherwise silent on Muse shipping or unboxings.

2 Likes

Just got a Rockler flyer and they list the Muse Laser with Fume Extractor and chiller $6500
COMING SOON!
Went to the link they have in the flyer http://www.rockler.com/muse-laser but page not found

1 Like

If you put muse in the search box they come up, but they are greyed out for me as they don’t ship to the UK.

“My Muse has shipped and will arrive on Thursday.”

from http://www.fullspectrumforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1010

edit: I’m not getting one, the guy who posted apparently is.

1 Like

I don’t do much Facebook stuff…if it’s a GF buyers forum, why does this one guy keep pushing the muse? Not that it isn’t interesting and it will be good to see where it performs better/worse, but seems rather off topic to me…

2 Likes

Nowadays they call that a troll. (I have several different names for it.) :smile:

10 Likes