Rumors about the Full Spectrum Muse Laser

Worst thing is, he is the Page Admin (corrected as per later discussion) and also the biggest hater of anything GF!
His reaction to ANYTHING GF does is like my wife after a cr@ppy day at the office… just looking for any excuse to have a go.

It is a real turn-off from the FB Group.

7 Likes

Honestly, that’s a big part of why I haven’t joined. Every once in a while, I’ll do a drive by lurk to see if there’s any interesting info, but the anti :glowforge: sentiment keeps me from anything more.

I’m as impatient as anyone else when it comes to this, and it takes concerted effort for me to remain patient, positive, and hopeful. I fear that being in a group where the prevailing sentiment is so against the GF (and seemingly trying to sway the members toward anything else) would only undermine that effort, and make the wait even more stressful.

YMMV. Not knocking the group, so much as observing that it’s probably not a great fit for me.

6 Likes

I think, to be fair, that the VAST majority of people who belong to the FB group are eager to see GF succeed.

The problem is (like politics and religion etc) the minority who have an axe to grind are the most vocal, if you look at the threads there (and on this forum) it is the same people who keep coming up with the same gripes.
If you look at the last thread it was the moderator himself who derailed the Thread into a GF-bashing session and then complained that the thread had ‘derailed’.
I also get the feeling that pointing this out is going to lead to a quick ban!

2 Likes

I try to temper those groups as much as possible, and its working to some degree, but every so often another thread will pop up and ill have to play the snopes of glowforge for a couple hours.

10 Likes

Why on earth don’t people just leave the group? Do you have no choice of who moderates it?
(That’s a quick trip to indoctrination if ever I heard of one.)

1 Like

Ha ha, soon…
If i do i will ‘shoot across the Moderators bow’ before i go.

Alas no

Yes this is the biggest issue.
As @takitus said the alt-facts and ‘class action’ types are strong in this group… but again, it is just a few of the same people each time. The majority of the people there are there because they are interested in ideas for the GF.

3 Likes

Agreed! I’l all about reading happy stuff!

Had to chuckle about this post on Facebook Full Spectrum Group:

“Anything working before Glowforge is out” :laughing:

15 Likes

This is hilarious! #firstworldproblem

8 Likes

Why don’t you give it a try, avoid personal attacks and you should be fine. I am a moderator at the facebook page and the only reason we have removed people from the group is for advertising.

We all want GF to succeed…quickly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m cooking up something that might just involve going head to head with a Muse. Although I would very much like to see the Muse succeed. Let’s just all get along!

5 Likes

Sure, why not…

And i was wrong in saying ‘Moderator’ when i should have said ‘Admin’.
I totally agree with you, all the posts i have seen by the Moderators have been very fair and supportive of GF.

1 Like

So post something GF-made and misrepresent it as another laser’s work. Then see if the guys sings its praises. If he does, let him know the truth.

3 Likes

I mostly get tired of the typical FB “discussions”…but every once in a while there is some neat info.

2 Likes

Yep, I agree. Each one will have its strengths and weaknesses. I just find it funny to get so much muse stuff in the gf buyers group (I could just see if 9ne of us what post something similar but pro gf on a muse buyers group…). And then fights on why either is better or what either one can or cannot do. Let’s wait till both have units out and we can see what both can do.
Both will have their target market and both will have usage cases where one of the two will work better…but until we see real data and results all the arguing is useless waste of energy.

4 Likes

Hate of the advertising and promotion techniques. Don’t see anyone here saying that the Muse is vaporware, a scam, a hazard to the industry, a waste of money, tricking people into thinking lasers are safe and easy, a toy, a joke, or a pipe dream.

I think it looks neat, and several folks have mentioned liking the removable bottom and the ability to purchase a rotary attachment. I don’t, however, think it looks neat enough to warrant canceling the Glowforge.

6 Likes

I deleted my comment. I thought “the Facebook group” was a general group, not one that is supposedly geared to Glowforges.

I don’t visit any of the Facebook groups, but I can say that the Muse does get discussed here more than I would expect, and the marketing, safety, value, and a variety of other aspects of the product are a portion of that discussion.

It seems like some people on this forum have forgotten that we are people who have bought a product, not part of the company itself. Dissent is not very welcome here… I mean dissent regarding Glowforge, most other things are fair game.

7 Likes

I welcome your views and opinions, even though I don’t always agree with them. I don’t think you needed to delete. Clear headed, well reasoned opinions from a different point of view are very important (at least I think so). I would like to think that I am pretty open-minded and that more of the people on this forum are open-minded than not. I admit that I could be wrong on both of those points.

It appears to me that most of the dissent that is not welcomed here on the forum is based around company operation; schedules & updates & design choices & promised features. As you point out most of us are not part of the company, so that type of dissent all kinda boils down to the choices we do have as consumers: Wait & hope or cancel & refund. After reading through the Nth demand or accusation of something that has been thoroughly answered, beaten to death, revived, and beaten again… yeah the same demand or accusation is not particularly welcome (and neither is the response). If there is dissent that has to do with actual problems with physical Glowforge units or their operation, I would not expect any resistance.

As far as brand loyalty and the things people say and do because of it… that is just something to be accepted at this point (for better or for worse). Branding is personal. Advertising is personal. The choice to buy is personal, and as such, attacks or dismissal of the product can feel like an attack or dismissal of the person who purchased it. If you can separate yourself from the brands you buy than you are winning the battle… but increasingly, at least as far as I can tell, the brands are winning the war.

Chevy vs. Ford and Mac vs PC arguments have happened around me far too many times, and not once has it been between a Ford engineer and a Chevy engineer, or between a Macintosh employee and a Windows employee.

I hate what facebook has become, but am still compelled to use it daily or risk losing touch with the rest of my (ever-shrinking) circle of friends. I just got my 12-year notification.:sob:

11 Likes

mostly i don’t participate in that group because the group owner canceled his and just posts a bunch of random stuff he makes on other lasers. which is fine, i belong to several laser groups, but i was hoping for a GF specific one. plus, that one older moderator (why is he a mod if he never ordered one of these?) is the one that sent nasty messages.

3 Likes

Well there is a simple solution.

Someone here could start a new group. I would do it but I’m not allowed on FB with the work computer and I forgot my phone today.

Luckily the let me play here though!

2 Likes