Rumors about the Full Spectrum Muse Laser

Theres a follow up post where he takes a video of it attempting to run. It cant move on the Y axis though. I would have sent it back.

3 Likes

They’ve been shipping lasers for years. I wonder how this one differs.

1 Like

rushed out the door…

2 Likes

Tweaking the motor isn’t the right way to fix that. He’s got to move the right side of the rail back. On a K40 you’ve got to pull the gantry out to fix that.

I haven’t seen any Muse reviews at all, anywhere. Just posts to FB groups about problems with them. One guy got one that was so bad that he exchanged it (which took weeks) and then even when he got functioning hardware, he returned it because the software was so bad.

I would have expected that if they worked at all, FSL fanboys would be posting about how awesome it is all over the usual places, but I haven’t seen that.

6 Likes

Ugh, these posts from Muse buyers make me alternately sad and glad. Sad, because my bail out date is looming large and the Muse was my back up option. Glad, because even though this info creates more complications (with these reports, this doesn’t really look like a viable back up for me), I’d much rather know about this before canceling my GF purchase and trying to replace with a Muse.

Frustrating, any way you slice it.

10 Likes

I totally get this. I had set a drop dead date that was slightly flexible but I went looking for an alternative. Epilog looks great but starts at 10k and everything else, well. I know that this may be a have to but if there is any way hold on, it is going to be worth it.

4 Likes

I do believe that it will be worth it! Actively trying to find a way to hang in (have actually spent too much of today chatting with hubby, trying to puzzle that out).

4 Likes

I was responding to his other issue. After he got everything realigned his stepper was still having trouble moving the gantry. I’ve had the same issue on some of my machines when the power was set too low. I don’t know if they have adjustment pots on their board or not though

1 Like

Good lord that’s bad

1 Like

I’d hate to see what he was expecting! LOL

4 Likes

Thanks @Scott.Burns for posting this info!!!

This sure makes me appreciate GlowForge’s attention to putting out a good product that is well tested by fellow GF customers who post results and comments about the GF. The photo sure makes the inside of the Muse look “tinny” on the inside.

If I was hunting for an alternative machine, I think I would bypass the FS Muse and go with the Laguna MU or EC, or the Bodor BCL-MU I think Bodor may make the Laguna machines.

I’m still hanging in there for Late but Great!!!

5 Likes

The name Bodor invokes Tolkien for me.

1 Like

Clearly anything that specifically rhymes with Hodor must be Martinesque. :wink:

3 Likes

Oh, that works too.
I think my brain went alternately to the Balrogs of Morgoth, Mordor, and Bofur.

3 Likes

That is pretty funny and an interesting comment @jbv.

Tolkien’s families were Makers, a century before the phrase now being used by us today.

“Tolkien’s paternal ancestors were middle-class craftsmen who made and sold clocks, watches and pianos in London…” from Wikipedia

I wonder what they would think of our present day Maker technology like the GlowForge!

4 Likes

He’d probably have a more creative 'forge name than what I’ll end up with that’s for sure…

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has posted this video from the Dremel Marketing Machine. For those who might be interested.

6 Likes

I like some of those software features!

2 Likes

That’s what I found interesting.

1 Like