Run both fans or not?

I recently got my compact filter and sometimes I forget to turn on/off the GF fan in the GFUI. I was scoring leather which surprisingly didn’t smoke at all and was a 17 second test with (oops) no fan on, had the hose out the window.
My question is: does it do any harm to run both fans? Seems safer if you’re forgetful like me and run it with no fan, I’m tempted to just keep the compact filter toggle set to “no”. 1 or 2 fans beats 0 fans. Ideas?
Thanks R.L. Hamm

Given you shouldn’t run the CF at full unless needed, I’d say it’s not a good idea to run both.

No idea why you shouldn’t run the CF at full until needed, though. It might come with documentation that covers that?

The filter came with a box and a packing slip, that’s it. I still wonder why any extra air flow could possibly be bad unless I’m cutting something so thin that the tornado starts a fire.

Manuals are online. https://glowforge.com/support/topic/manual-support-topic/manual-article

3 Likes

I didn’t know of that link, thank you much geek2nurse! lol, that moniker cracks me up…

1 Like

It’s a mini-bio. :slight_smile: Electrical engineer to RN to nurse practitioner. It’s been quite a journey!

1 Like

I’m glad to see that you’ve already received some great information from our other community members. Thanks @eflyguy and @geek2nurse!

When your Compact Filter is connected to your Glowforge, the “Compact Filter Attached” toggle should be on as indicated in the manual.
52%20AM

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble, or have any other questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!