Running sooooo slow... bc of beta features?

I’ve having major issues with one of my in-process designs. I couldn’t figure out how to do certain things in illustrator so I used a lot of the circles, lines, and text options in the glowforge beta software. After rebooting my WiFi, restarting my computer, clearing cookies, etc. I’m thinking the problem may be the fact that I’m using the beta software…? Is this possible? I’ve been working on this design for 5 days and keep giving up bc the computer slows wayyyyy down and I can’t move or manipulate any of the features. Also thinking this is the problem bc one of the days I had abandoned it, I opened a new design page and was able to very quickly print out a puzzle and box with no issues. Should I just scrap the design and try to do it in illustrator or…??

No.

The Beta is just additional features, it’s not the whole UI.

1 Like

Which browser are you using? Maybe try a different one just for this one file.

1 Like

Chrome

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: ah back to the drawing board

If I remember correctly, there was at least one case here where someone’s Glowforge interface had gotten terribly slow and they were able to fix it by clearing their browser cache. It’s probably worth a try.

Edit: Here’s the one I was thinking of. Slow, glitchy app fix

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear the app has been running slow for you. As @eflyguy mentioned, the software itself has not changed with the beta version, which added several new features. Let’s walk through some steps together to get you back on track.

• Make sure you’re using one of these common browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge
  • You mentioned already that you’re using Chrome, so make sure you’ve updated to the latest version of the browser:
    • When you get there, the page will tell you if your browser is up to date. If not, there will be a big button that says “how to upgrade”. Note that Chrome can download automatic updates, but often requires a restart before those updates are applied
  • Clear your cache and cookies. You can find instructions here: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
  • Reboot your computer

Please let me know if you’re still running into trouble after trying these steps.

Hi Vee, my browser is up to date, I’ve cleared out everything multiple times, rebooted my computer, etc. I have limited time to work with the design because of little kiddos. So I have tried each night for the past week with no avail. :confused:

Can you tell me the address of the design you’re working on?

The address would look like this:

https://app.glowforge.com/designs/ABCD1234/edit

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.