Sacred geometry on mini boxes!

I love these little $1 boxes from the craft store! Plan on staining them and glazing them soon!

37 Likes

Ooh, the wrapping around the edges on this looks really sharp! I’m guessing you ran a flat image out on an already curved edge, and that makes me appreciate my :glowforge: even more :smiley:

16 Likes

These all look great! Excellent use of a cheap wooden box.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m loving the wrapped edge design too! :+1:

6 Likes

yup the file just happened to be the same shape as the box so i just let it go a little over the edge!

9 Likes

Gorgeous! Amazing how you got the edges to work like that.

3 Likes

Great work, I have a lot of boxes that I haven’t got a chance to work on. This is inspiration, please post the after photos, can’t wait to see them.

3 Likes

Will do! Just stained them today! Gonna glaze tomorrow!

2 Likes

That “wrapped” edge is fantastic!

Stained and glazed!

19 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

That looks amazing!

2 Likes

Fabulous!

2 Likes

Those are beautiful!!! Do you mind me asking where you got the boxes? I’d love to find some cool little boxes that are $1! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A.C. Moore a chain craft store. Micheals probably has them too. Lots of dollar cuts of wood and shapes too!

1 Like

Nice! thanks!

1 Like

Especially love the results on your rectangular box. Very nice!

1 Like

Wow, quite lovely!

1 Like

Looks like the Asanoha Kumiko design. The triangle denotes protection against evil, and Asanoha, an aggregate of triangles, conveys a meaning of strength and beauty.

It’s the most popular Kumiko motif in Japan.

Good choice, good craftsmanship. You should try making an Andon lantern with this design on the sides. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes