Safe Pie (Crust) —another practical solution

For probably the first time in my life I decided to make my own pie crust from scratch for the Thanksgiving pumpkin pie this year. (I used the process shown here and it worked out great!) Now I want to store the crusts in the fridge a few days so I can bake the pie Wednesday. So I put parchment paper on either side of each crust then rolled them both up over a paper roll that came from a used up roll of foil. I’m afraid to set the roll down on the shelf of the fridge because I don’t want to flatten the dough. So what do I do? Make a custom box with semicircle cutouts on either end to support the roll, of course! The hardest part was finding a big enough piece of cardboard.

40 Likes

Clever girl! Might have to borrow that idea so I can make the crusts ahead of time. :grinning::+1:

5 Likes

:grinning: Very cool! I seldom make my own crusts anymore either, so I know firsthand that you are going to be very proud of your pies next week. Have a great Thanksgiving!

6 Likes

I love these sorts of solutions!

4 Likes

I really like this idea. My only concern is whether or not anything in the refrigerator might pick up smells from the laser cut edges, but I may have to try this as well. Thanks for the idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Some great thinking!

2 Likes

As the saying goes…
Necessity is the mother of invention :grinning:

Great job!!!

Need leads to creation.