I just turned on my Glowforge Pro (that I’ve had 2.5 years) this morning to knock out a few orders. I gave my machine a rest yesterday. Friday, it was completely fine. Today, I have the Interlock alert. I didn’t even know what that was, but I researched the forums and did all of the following:
- located the interlock pin. Removed and reinserted, checking for debris. Pin was secure and unharmed.
- Cleaned all connections for the front and top door.
- Disconnected the printer head to check the pins and connections. All are straight, clean, and secure.
- Tried running just a test with proofgrade material and using the word “test” in the GUI.
- Rebooted 25 times, unplugged from the wall, refreshed browser, etc.
- After receiving the initial error on bootup, I rebooted the machine to try again. I can get as far as focusing and starting a print, but the print stops 1-2 seconds in every single time.
- I am attaching pictures of the insides.
I’ve done everything that I can find in the forums, online, and on FB regarding this topic and I’m sure at this point, my issue will be something that cannot be fixed remotely. I’ve had to shut down my business until this can be resolved, which will hopefully not take weeks. Thank you!