Safety interlock open alert on Glowforge basic

My basic is giving me an error saying that the interlock is open. The message says ‘The safety interlock on the back of your Glowforge is open. Close it and reboot your machine.’ I have a basic, which does not have a safety interlock.

I’ve emailed support but haven’t received a response. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I don’t want to take anything apart without guidance from Glowforge but curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

You should have received an automated response shortly after you sent your email. You might check your SPAM folder.

Unfortunately I don’t think this is a problem that can be solved without support.

For future use, note that opening a topic here is the same as emailing support and duplicate tickets slow their response as they will have to combine the tickets and then get back to you.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trouble with your Glowforge. I’ve looked into the logs and, unfortunately, your Glowforge has run into an issue that we aren’t able unless the unit is replaced.

I saw the ticket you’ve opened via email. I’ll be sending you a response there very soon with next steps, so I’m going to close this thread and our team will continue to assist you via email.