Safety Interlock open-- BUT i have a basic

I just received my glowforge basic and walked through the set up process. Everything seemed to be on the up and up but it is now saying that there is an error.

“The safety interlock is open on the back of your glowforge. Close it and reboot your machine.” I do not know what this means. Where are the safety interlocks? From what I have read, the interlocks are only on the Pro version.

Please help.

I think I know this one. I think there is a little round switch near the place the power cord plugs in. I have a vague memory of asking this same question. I think you have to turn the little round switch. If that doesn’t work I am sure some one else here will know the thing to do.

Yeah, that’s an error code if it appears on a Basic machine. (There was one other machine, a Plus I think, that had the same error, and I’m sorry, but I can’t recall what the resolution wound up being. Support will be able to tell you.)

Think it happened on a couple of Plus’s, that were both replaced.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.