Safety interlocks / overheated

so, getting a safety interlocks at the back of your machine are open error as well as a note that it’s overheated. but it’s like 70 inside and it hasn’t been run. thoughts?

You might want to try turning it off, remove the staple from the interlock and then insert it again completely. Check the ribbon cable connection to see if it is secure, then turn it back on and see if the error message clears.

If the error message doesn’t clear, I’d turn the machine off again and check the pins.

Is your air intake and your exhaust clear? Even in a normal operating environment, you could overheat if the fresh cooler air doesn’t have a clear path through the Glowforge.

2 Likes

but @Jules … I have a basic. :frowning:

Uh-oh. That’s gonna be hard to do then. :laughing:

Starting to feel like a hardware issue… ran once after being off for 4 hours and then the error returned…

Hmm… maybe it’s just VERY sensitive around the 75 degree mark… turned on the AC extra for a few minutes and seems to be a happy forge again…

1 Like

That is almost outside the operating temps…

“ * Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro”

1 Like

The basic is the most temp sensitive, and running hot shortens the life of the tube.:grimacing:

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.