Salt Lake Comic Con

So through my time lurking on the forums I have seen some awesome nerd stuff. I have enjoyed seeing all the great laser cut stuff as well as the other things everyone has created.

A few months ago my wife and I decided to attend the Salt Lake Comic Con with some friends. They all decided they wanted to go as Mad Max characters. My wife is going as the coma doof warrior, a friend will be Humungous, another Furiosa, Mad Max, and a few more. I decided my character will be from
A little town called Bartertown.

I have had a great time making it. Started with some old football shoulder pads:

Added some cardboard, glue and paint and utilized all my kindergarten art skills to come up with:

IMG_1725

Now I have one question for everyone: WHO RUNS BARTERTOWN?

35 Likes

Iā€™m probably the only person on the planet who has not seen the movie (movies?), but I have to say that is one awesome piece of fan art.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t either @cynd11!

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

Chuckle! No idea, but I agree with the ladiesā€¦it looks exceptional! :grinning:

1 Like

Wow! You must have rocked kindergarten. :sunglasses:

Aunty Entity and Master Blaster!

3 Likes

You know wasnā€™t the best at kinder the first time through, but Iā€™ve really perfected it over the last 10 yearsšŸ˜. I always tell my students at the end of the year they did better at kindergarten than me because next year they will be in first and I will still be here.

9 Likes

You guys going to be there Saturday? Iā€™m heading up there too!

I donā€™t dress up, despite loving itā€¦in a venue like that itā€™s a little intimidating! :confused: (Not to mention hard to navigate in crowds!)

2 Likes

Yeah we are dressing up today(Friday) and then just going normal tomorrow. I have never been to one of these and our friends have gone the last several years, so they invited us. I figured make the costume as big and unwieldy as possible lol.

6 Likes