So yesterday was a really frustrating day; and was hoping maybe for some advice as I wasted FOUR PG sheets of Medium Maple Plywood, and hours of time.
I am going to be as specific as possible…
First, we just got a refurbished machine from GF as our old one (an original), was barely cutting anymore- the tube was shot. I have made some glorious complicated cuts on the new machine at PG settings.
Yesterday, I made a sheet wide complicated cut at PG setting. cut perfectly.
Put another piece in, same settings. Did not cut through. (Enough so it was a waste).
Before you ask: Sheets were pinned down, felt to be flush all the way with tray all the way through (not a situation where one side cuts and other doesn’t because of warping), tray was in place. Measured afterward in case sheet was off, no discernible difference in thickness. Cleaned lenses. Cleaned out tray again, wiped feet, etc.
Put another sheet in; cut partial test print, by lowering speed to 160/Full. Cut perfectly. Tried to cut entire sheet again. Did not cut through. Wasted sheet 2. (Same troubleshooting - nothing obvious).
Tried to cut at 155. Did not cut through.
Finally, test cut at PG with 2 passes. Cut like butter. Tried to cut entire sheet again. Did not cut through. Wasted sheet 4.
Was cutting acrylic pretty consistently at -5PG, one problem, believed to be warped sheet despite pins as right side cut, left not so well.
What is SO frustrating is that this is clearly not a dirty machine, or a part wrongly in place, etc. as it cuts perfectly, then for no apparent reason does not. I was used to that with our old machine - wouldn’t have even tried a complicated cut as odds of all the tiny cuts going through was nonexistent even at lower speeds and 2 or 3 passes; but I have been incredible successful in the past week this new machine has been set up. Then suddenly back to not cutting through for no apparent reason.