Sandpaper Shelf

I got tired of having all my sandpaper strewn between three different bins and having different grit sizes rubbing on each other. Therefore, shelves to cover every conceivable grit size I might need, plus one. Definitely my largest project so far.

69 Likes

A grit for every occasion!

6 Likes

Oh wow, I love this practical project! It would be great in a papercrafter’s den as well.

5 Likes

This is great!!! I have never seen 36 or 50 grit sandpaper.

3 Likes

Especially like how you designed the number labels.

4 Likes

Now what are you gonna do with all those cute little circle cutouts? :wink:

2 Likes

Great graphic on the side!

2 Likes

Super nice! What a useful thing to make, I love how you made it attractive as well as functional…

2 Likes

And here I am using hanging file folders in a filing cabinet drawer… :wink:

3 Likes

True Grit.

This is something I need to do as well. Great job.

1 Like

think glued on pebbles… :slight_smile:
well not really but kinda close

3 Likes

It’s not measured this way, but you can think of it in terms of particles per inch. Like dpi/lpi, in physical manifestation.

1 Like

I’ve used both 36 and 50 surfacing a wood floor. They’re super aggressive.

1 Like

Thanks! This is an ICBM stencil font I found in the interwebs somewhere. I did the placemen in SolidWorks which resulted in a weird dxf output. Inkscspe wouldn’t recognize the letters as fillable, so I had to cut them as a score in the masking tape and then remove all the little bits before painting. Fill and engrave would have been so much easier. Next time I think I’ll put some guidelines in the dxf and place the characters in inkscspe.

1 Like

Ha ha ha, I saved them for random projects. I’m sure they’ll be used eventually.

1 Like

Thanks! One of my favorite artists.

1 Like

You know, I probably would have done that is if have thought of it. Hanging folders never occurred to me. Oh well, not the first time I’ve managed to pick the hardest option available, lol.

2 Likes

I haven’t worked up to this many types, but wow, I like it!

2 Likes

Story of my life, but that’s OK, I’m good with that. Then I know exactly why you don’t do it that way. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

NIce work! Lots of grits to work with. Might as well organize them!

1 Like