Sandpaper Shelf

I am apparently a serious underachiever.
I have two grits of steel wool and 4 sandpaper grit I use. That is it.
On the plus side, I know immediately if I grabbed the wrong one.

However, if you had that many selections, it did almost beg for an organizing solution.
Good job.

2 Likes

I have 24 to 7000, then compounds for beyond that (lapping), but certainly not everything inbetween…

The course grits are for cleaning up welds. The fine is for polishing headlights, heatsinks, etc…

1 Like

I have 24 to 7000, then compounds for beyond that (lapping), but certainly not everything inbetween…

I have generally used stones or buffing compound for going up to that level. Something tells me the top shelf may get some guest appearances above 2500 from time time.

To be fair, my entire sheet selection would probably fit on two of your shelves.

The majority of mine is on wheels or discs…

1 Like

Now why didn’t I think of that? Hubs brought home several filing cabinets from work because they were “too ugly” and Mrs. Boss wanted new ones. I’ve got spray paint in one already to keep it away from the 2 year old, so sandpaper storage is a logical next step!

In general, sandpaper is best kept flat. It will curve if stored vertically. That may not be an issue for you, but it is for me. Often I like to put a piece on a flat surface to level edges, and being curved makes it a pain.

Just a suggestion.

2 Likes

Do you have an Etsy store? I need something like this and I’ve looked at Michaels, on Amazon, Walmart, IKEA, etc and they all want upwards of $60 for a basic flimsy thing that I feel won’t hold up for more than a month. Lol

1 Like

Very nice, have to look into this… it would be very useful to sort out our color vinyl or cardstock… thank u for sharing

1 Like

Wow, look at that! Material in every grit size except 36 and 2500.

2 Likes

What are the dimension of the whole project? Can you share the files?

Gentle reminder that it’s against forum guidelines to ask for designs.

https://community.glowforge.com/faq

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

2 Likes