Santa's Office miniature display

Hi Everyone! This piece took a bit to come together, but I’d say it came together spectacularly and just in time for Christmas decorating! I tried to capture the essence of Santa and the North Pole without going too much ‘workshop’ or too much ‘candy land.’ More comfy/cozy by the fireplace type. But packaging it all together inside a present seems to add a little more magic somehow. This piece has two lights, a normal yellow LED inside the (hot glue) fire in the fireplace, and a color changing LED ‘outside’ the window, that change between green, blue, purple, and red to give it a Northern Lights feel. I did keep the front lighting low for most of the pictures so it didn’t wash out the fireplace and outside lights, but there is a fuller light photo in here somewhere.

I used the GF to engrave/cut from medium clear acrylic the four frosted panes of glass, and out of medium draft board, the three outer package panels, the file cabinet, the chair, the chess table, the toy horse, the fireplace mantle and stockings, the clock, the shelf, the toy robot, train, nutcracker, the North Pole sign that’s ‘outside in the snow,’ and the window frame. The rest is all my blend of crafty alchemy (cardstock, chipboard, hot glue, parchment, wire, beads, toothpicks, more hot glue), and I’m happy I finally found a use for metallic pipe cleaners! I even gave Santa an electric chocolate grinder so he has fresh chocolate shavings for his cocoa. Total dimensions are about 7" x7" x 5".

Thank you for stopping to enjoy the magic, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

64 Likes

Absolutely fabulous!

10 Likes

Absolutely fabulous!

9 Likes

Oh, thank goodness! I was staring at the various photos trying to suss out what that was. Beautiful job!

13 Likes

I always get lost in a whimsical fairyland when looking at your posts! It’s crazy how your work unfolds these amazing stories that bring out the wonderment of the little child still inside of me!! :heart_eyes::heart::blush:

12 Likes

Gorgeous work!

10 Likes

This looks real due to the busy nature of the scene. Great work!!!

12 Likes

Fantastic as usual!!!

9 Likes

Love love love all the tiny details! I think the window is my favorite in this one though - just amazing work (as usual)!

9 Likes

So much detail, so many things to delight the eye!

8 Likes

Great work! Tons to look at and admire!

8 Likes

Do you have a cover for the scene? Close up the present so it just looks like a gift?

Then it opens up to find the magic inside!

Amazing detail and description. Love the fireplace and the window, and so much other detail!

9 Likes

When you say that it took a bit of time, you may be presenting quite an understatement. It is a rich feast for the eye. Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes

WOWZA… absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

6 Likes

These look so cool

4 Likes

You never disappoint! I love the window and changing light.

7 Likes

Spectacular as usual. I love looking at your designs!

7 Likes

Another signature design - I immediately recognized this as one of yours. I think this time I love the windows with views the best, but then, there is so much to like!

6 Likes

well, my original plan was to do three clear acrylic panels to box it out, and if i pressure fit against the topography of the “tears” it should make it fairly solid. BUT, I’m crazy OCD about finger prints and smudges, and I was concerned about glare affecting the visibility. I might still make a simple DB cover just for storage to protect it, if I do, I could easily continue the package/ribbon design on it, but then it goes in the closet, so not much ROI on that part really.

Now, that said, if I was giving it to someone as a gift, then absolutely yes, a gift that would open up to display it all would be the way I’d go.

6 Likes

A lot of eye candy here! Adorable as always.

3 Likes