Santa's workshop is done for the year!

My Santa workshop started early in September- as I tend to do every year.
I’ve used my Glowforge for every single present (plus some candy and liquor thrown in). Hopefully Santa will make 58 people happy. That includes family, friends, former (hopefully soon to be resumed) lunch buddies, doc and dental office; postman, delivery guys and my husband’s friends. Not including the ornaments (probably in the 100) I count 93 presents made. I’ve shipped 20 packages with Shippo, and still have 7 more drop-offs to do. A few of the more fun things in the stack:

Woodland animal puzzle with both English and Vietnamese, so a friend’s two year old can learn both.

Postcard size map of the Finger Lakes of NY.

IMG_3305

Black tin with some candy goodies inside.

Various personalized tablet stands from the catalog - they are a big hit.

IMG_3301

Tachometer keychain for my husband’s car enthusiasts.

What would I do without my Glowforge??? Let just say I’ve had a great deal of fun doing all this. I’m also looking forward to just designing some things, writing our holiday letter still to go out, and perhaps coming up with something I can share in the Free Design section!

50 Likes

The elves have been busy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Great job making the stuff for family and friends! The touch of a personally crafted gift means so much more than anything you could buy.
I only wish that everyone who bought these machines had the thrill and fun that we have!

5 Likes

You are going to have a lot of very happy friends and relatives:-) And us too if you get time to design stuff, I know I’ve cabbaged on to some of your free awesome designs!! Of course I have to wait until my ‘lid open’ closes:-(

3 Likes

I really like the tablet stands

3 Likes

You have ben busy. Such thoughtful gifts for a diverse crowd. Happy Holidays.

2 Likes

Those look fantastic. You’ve been a very busy elf!

2 Likes

Oh no, ‘lid open’ is not fun. Have you tried a shim on one side and then the other? My lid has always looked off, but works that way. When I use shims to line it up perfectly, it doesn’t work…
At any rate, I hope you get it resolved soon.

1 Like

Thanks @djfb, @dklgood, @wenning08! It has been great fun.

1 Like

Great gifts!!!

2 Likes

Fantastic work! Yes, indeed, what would we do without our lasers?

3 Likes

You must have been well stocked in materials! All great ideas, but my favorite is the emergency rations tin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome batch of goodies! I’m like you, can’t imagine not having a laser in my life anymore.

7 Likes

They are all great! I wish I actually started making gifts earlier. Now I have 6 days to finish. LOL

4 Likes

Wow! Lots of projects! The holidays will be aglow!

4 Likes

Thanks, @aloha, @MakerMatthew, @cynd11, @designvh619, @ptodd!
Thanks, @ElsieH, I did end up ordering a stack of PG of one kind as they became available. Before I would just get a couple of each to maintain my stock - not this last half year…

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to shim each side to no avail:-(. I’ll just have to wait until I hear from support.

1 Like

I love all the stuff that you made! Can’t believe the astoundingly huge quantity that you’ve been churning…(or I should say burning)…out. You will have very many happy people at Christmastime. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

So impressed! I’m gonna be lucky to get a couple wrapped this year. (And love the tachometer.) :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! I couldn’t believe the numbers either when I tallied them up…

1 Like

Well, you’ve been busy otherwise…
Your magic box went to one happy recipient by the way! He couldn’t wait to open his presents so he relayed already how astounded he was by its intricacy. Thanks for the design!

1 Like