Sauce Museum

I like Hoisin sauce. I have a jar available all the time.

1 Like

A second from me on Soy Vay. Their Garlic Hoisin is insane. But I bought a box of every one of their sauces (and a half dozen of the garlic hoisin) about a year ago. They are that good.

Another of my absolute favorite saucesā€¦ Amish candied jalapeno bbqā€¦

2 Likes

I think I have a sauce problem

I have been trying to acquire all of these saucesā€¦ (except for the bacon one @Jules since we are over 1 year of plants only, otherwise I woulda partaken.)

@cynd11 I donā€™t know Hoisin Sauce, so I got what the supermarket had then afterwards saw your link. hmm, I will try this one first. But I have added pomegranate molasses to my cart after that video. :slight_smile: we already have zattar spice.

@timjedwards whole foods has this, I will go acquire soon.

@chris1 I like stubbs and cholula, and franks, I havenā€™t tried inner beauty, it doesnā€™t come up on the amazon search here since they donā€™t ship here, but I found it through google, (and they still donā€™t ship here)

For Sauce Bi*** amazon is out of it, but I saw your review! :slight_smile: its a small world after all.

I am ordering Fly by Jing.

@rbtdanforth Harmony house foods is expensive! I am still jealous of Jules freeze dryer.

@CMadok we have ponzu, and sriracha, nope on a rope to fish sauce, I hate fish. the others are intriguing, but are out of my communication league to identify them to purchase. :slight_smile:

@deirdrebeth I will try that one, but need to find it somewhere else, it seems painful to pay double the price on amazon.

arh2 I googled sticky lips when amazon didnā€™t have it, and I wonder how long it will take instacart to deliver itā€¦ hahaha

@linefeed check on the kilauea fire, that is a great staple, I am ordering capital city, I just found secret aardvark @ Lowes (random) and it is great, moonshine added to my amazon wishlist.

@Deleted I do like me some soy vay, @kanati I havenā€™t tried the garlic hoisin. added the 2 pack of candied jalapeno to my wishlist.

Thanks everyone!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you freeze-dry five pounds of mostly water and get a pound of goods, that pound of goods will cost five times as much as fresh plus whatever it costs to freeze dry it. Looked at that way the price of Harmony House is not so bad and when compared to other brands of the same thing often the lowest price. It was by comparing price per volume of of goods I found myself buying their stuff a lot.

1 Like

Supposedly you can get it shipped from hereā€¦. Do realize it has a limited shelf lifeā€¦

https://www.honeoyefallsmarketplace.com/shop/pantry/condiments_sauces_and_marinades/sauces_and_marinades/barbeque_sauce/sticky_lips_pit_bbq_sweet_sauce_cherry_bomb/p/1564405684704714810

1 Like

My wife is a vegetarian and has determined that bacon is a condiment and not any kind of meat :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve tried 3 of those 4. Havenā€™t tried the hot sauce there. I am a big fan of the FYM hot sauces. They stopped making their porter hot sauces, but this is probably their best. Not super hot at all, but the flavor is insane. I bought a dozen bottles when they announced they were discontinuing all of the porter sauces.

3 Likes

Got my fly by jing today. Tasted great with my homemade sourdough waste crackers

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.