Saving designs from the web app?

I don’t know if this is a bug or maybe I just don’t know where to look for the right option. My Glowforge just came in about a week ago so I’m still learning the ins and outs.

I’ve created a few common templates that I’ve been reusing with different etch designs. This works well in the online app but I’d like to save those off for reuse later. For example: I might have a simple vector to cut out a coaster design but I want to put a different etch on each one in a set. Once I create that set I’d like to save the design rather than recreate it in Inkscape.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do that? Thanks!

1 Like

Also, is it possible to share my designs with other users of my Glowforge? That would be a super handy feature.

Not at the moment…

1 Like

I’m in the exact same boat Kevin - unfortunately I found out the hard way - it isn’t possible!

2 Likes

Saving your files? They didn’t think of that. Or didn’t think it was as important as other things they did implement. Or they tried to make it happen but couldn’t. Or they thought it would somehow be advantageous for them to withhold the feature. Or maybe they just plumb-forgot.

1 Like

Yeah, for now your best bet is to do the design and layout start-to-finish in e.g. Inkscape, and use the app only for loading that finalized design/variant and doing the last bits of GF-side cut and bulk-positioning settings.

OK. Follow on. Does anyone know of a place to make feature recommendations?

GF reads the “Problems and Support” forum, and has said that we should post here, rather than other fora, in order for them to see suggestions.

Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback everyone! Enjoy the weekend.

And thank you for the feedback – please continue to let us know what you’d like to see!