Saving multiple settings as one settings group?

Hi, I have a single item I’m making that involves one engrave and two cuts with each cut being a different speed and power (see pic).

I’d like to save these three specific settings that are all used on the same item as a “group” of settings so that I can simply click on it when it’s time to make this item (which I will be making many of) without having to manually enter each setting, or load three separate settings. Can this be done? Am I missing an obvious solution for this? Thanks

!

We don’t have that ability yet. Best we can do at this point is use a different description when saving the Custom Setting for the material…for instance Medium PG Leather Cut (slow), or Medium PG Leather Cut (fast).

That helps differentiate them when you have a part of the design that you want to cut at a slower speed if it’s more complex.

4 Likes

How does the Export function handle this. Could he Export it and then just reupload that file?

2 Likes

Funny you should ask…I just did an Export on a similar file last night (normally I save all the Custom settings if I think I’m going to need them again, but for some reason I hadn’t saved them on that particular test file) and I got a warning message to save my Custom Settings before Exporting, in order to keep from having to re-enter them.

That must be new, (or our friendly Glowforge elves have been busy behind the scenes again), because I don’t remember seeing that before. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Jules, that’s correct. We haven’t announced the ability to save settings as a group yet, but it’s a great idea for a feature! I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.

In the meantime, you can find detailed instructions on saving your settings under “Testing and Saving New Settings” here:

In addition, when you export a design, your settings will be added to the saved file as readable text, too. That means when you’re ready to print it again, you can re-enter the settings from the file. This works for both Proofgrade materials and for manual settings you’ve tuned yourself.

There’s more information on exporting and saving your designs here:

2 Likes