Saving traces?

I think your best bet is going to be putting a file together in Inkscape. Once it is set up with your token template, I feel you’ll be much happier with the ease and simplicity of making minor changes to the tokens. A simple, quick change to the token text, export to SVG and into the Glowforge it goes.

The user interface is mostly just a user interface and not much of a design interface, aside from scaling and moving components.

1 Like

Yep, exactly. As jbmanning5 says, it sounds like it will be a lot easier to create a whole new file in Inkscape. I just have to learn a new program. But the tokens are pretty simple, so it just an old dog(me) learning a new trick…
And marmak3261 has already offered help with that.

You guys are great!

Thanks.

5 Likes

Yeah, @marmak3261 uses Inkscape a lot more, so he’s definitely the best help getting started. You’ll pick it up quickly - it’s just an interim step where we combine everything before taking it into the Glowforge interface.

Have fun! :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks for the great collaboration – I’m glad you’re finding a solution and I’ve passed on your requests!

2 Likes

@Buck, one thing I haven’t seen mentioned was a solution to losing your settings when you click away from the Glowforge UI and into another area and try to go back. I’ve had a lot of success with having multiple tabs open. Even multiple tabs to my GFUI. It has saved me a lot of time to start one job in the first tab, set up the second job (roughly since I can’t see where the first one ACTUALLY printed on my material), and then once the first job has completed, it will scan the bed, and then I can start my second job pretty quickly after the first one has finished.

You can have one tab with the forum, at least one tab for the GFUI, and a tab for support if you wanted.

4 Likes

Yes, multiple tabs seems to be the answer. Thanks.

amen!!