SC01 - Unique Art Piece (Completed)

I was commissioned to do some artwork, and I wanted to share some of the fun things you can do with the GF. (Please keep in mind these are still a work progress and not by any means actually finished I still have a LOT of work to do on this)

The piece will be dual sided and displayed in the middle of a room. you will be able to see through the rose window and it will have a concaved look to the portion presenting the window.

I’ll keep updating this thread with progress too.

Dimensions are 10.5" tall, 10" wide, and it should be about ~7" thick when it’s done.

Material is all paper products: Poster Board, Matting, and Colored Paper stock.

Here is the prototype for the piece and was just signed off to continue.

I’m slowly building out the final version of the piece (Left is the prototype and the right is the final version.

Here is another where the one on the right is the prototype and the one on the left is the final version.

Both colors finished

Here are the two pieces all glued up and finished per the clients request.

My working area

Started cutting out and applying some of the Scaling for the background.

This is the final frame for one side of the piece. I still have to add the additional detailing work to the piece, but it’s finally got some real depth.

Update 12/20/22:
Was sick and didn’t have the brain power or energy to reengineer a few needed pieces, but finally got back to it.

Started Gold Leafing some of the layers and sections

Started working on the frame some more:

Got the final approval and signoff on the piece:

Now to build it with the minor edits, and assemble everything permanently and do 2 sides since this is a free standing object.

COMPLETED

54 Likes

Wow, these look amazing!

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This is going to be great.

7 Likes

This is going to be gorgeous! A rose window design comes to mind.

10 Likes

Thanks, yes, it’s based loosely off of the Rose Window at the St. Chapelle cathedral in France.

9 Likes

That prototype is drop jaw gorgeous - the final is going to be an heirloom!

11 Likes

That is fantastic - I was thinking stained glass window as well!

7 Likes

wow. looking 4ward to the finished version. the prototype looks amazing.

6 Likes

Oh wow! Can’t wait to see the finished piece.

7 Likes

That is great! Like everyone else, can’t wait to see the finished piece!

5 Likes

Very cool indeed. So swoopy.

5 Likes

Stunning! 7" all paper?? You have far more patience than me, so I am thrilled you show us your work because it’s something I would never do! Absolutely beautiful!

7 Likes

Thanks, yeah, about 7" thick using Matting and colored paper. (Rough calculations looking at closer to almost 8" thick.)

88 total pieces so far. Still need to do some additional detailing work.

6 Likes

Both beautiful and elegant. They’ll really love it.

4 Likes

Updated the main post with progress.

2 Likes

I love all that detail. You must have very steady hands.

I hope you share more of of your work.

7 Likes

Not as stead as I’d like… There are MANY tricks to be able to line things up easily and fit them properly without being too steady.

4 Likes

This is so beautiful! Can’t wait to see the finish!

Paper and paper products are so fun to work with. I think paper is possibly my most favorite material.

5 Likes

Gorgeous design! :grinning:

4 Likes

Updated with more photos.

3 Likes