Internet is good around the house but the glow forge is dark its on and making noises but it just says scanning for the last half hour
Hello @ monicamichellewrs
Thank you for reaching out for assistance. I’m sorry to see that your Printer is having difficulty maintaining a stable connection to your Wi-Fi network.
I extracted the logs from your Printer to have a closer look at the troubles. I found that your Glowforge was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an occasional “Offline” message.
The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
- Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
- Turn off your Glowforge
- Unplug your modem
- Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
- Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on
If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
- Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
- Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
- Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
- Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
- Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.
I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you.
Hi @monicamichellewrs. It’s been a while since Gabe’s response, and I wanted to heck in and see if your Glowforge is still getting stuck in scanning when you try to print. Feel free to give us any updated information on the status, or any questions, and we’ll be happy to help. Thank you!
It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email email@example.com.