School Fundraiser

There was a school fundraiser auction tonight, that featured 3 of my designs, 2 as a canvas for the students to bring their own art.

I loved the way they brought life to the wood and the final results.

This is sea plastics from the beach, I was outbid at the last moment.

I won the calendar! This was a fun design, and I love how they individualized it. So awesome.

This is a photo I took from Lanikai and turned around and took the coconut tree / bush hedge photo and then merged them. It is on a pretty nice / heavy slab of wood.

It was great fun to design and help out.

35 Likes

I like the way you did the surfboard - did you work out the kerf to fit the pieces together? What is the dark wood?

13 Likes

The surfboard kerf was quite easy, as it was the same exact piece of wood, stained two different stains. :slight_smile:

Opiuma wood!

Mahalo!

10 Likes

That’s one way to do it! :rofl:

Did you at least cut the masking on the GF?

8 Likes

That wave curve looks almost exactly like a curve I made by hand years ago.

Curious as to how you made it or where you got it if you pulled it from somewhere? It’s quite a coincidence!

11 Likes

Lovely work

7 Likes

All three pieces ara stunning, but I like the calendar best!

8 Likes

I made a spiraling shape in illustrator for the dice box, and used a version of the center and copied and pasted a line of them, and was going to score, mask, peel and stain, but I wanted the wood piece to have a more substantial thickness, and I wanted to be able to stain it without it bleeding onto the other side, which I personally have difficulty with so I decided to cut instead of score and then assembled the two pieces on a 1/4 in ply.

I had played with waves in the past when making the bunkbed uncomfortable railing so you don’t dangle your legs off of the edge in the treehouse.

In your scenario the kerf really matters! And it is phenomenal!

Mahalo @Thumper369 and @arh2

15 Likes

Beautiful!

6 Likes

These are great! The calendar is so fun!!

6 Likes

These are great

6 Likes

Great work! This one is really making me want to get back to Hawaii.

5 Likes

You are living a great life in Hawaii.

4 Likes

Mahalo @MakerMatthew @ptodd @wenning08 @chris1 @JimmyWayneWestie

Hawaii is a wonderful place to live.
I think the abundant sunlight prevents seasonal blues.

7 Likes

My daughter loves living out there. She’s back here in GA for a while, then will be posted over in Africa in the summer, but can’t wait to get back. I can’t wait to visit her out there.

5 Likes

Well done!

4 Likes