Science Fiction Battleship game

Finally, after this being an on-again-off-again project for the last forever, it is ready for the revel.

So I had this idea forever ago and mentioned it to a few people; several thought it was a neat idea, but one person at work became enamored with the idea and has made it happen by constantly bugging me about it. Well, his pestering has paid off. So I plan to gift this set to him for Xmas simply because I can.
This being my most artsy project to date, I learned a butt load doing it.
I still need to assemble the second box and do a couple more game pieces, but it will be ready in time, and it is far enough along for you to see now.

49 Likes

Oh man! You sunk my Battleship!
That looks cool!

11 Likes

Wow! I love the case! I like to see how people make lids and hinges, and I like this one, I haven’t really seen it before.

12 Likes

That is awesome!

10 Likes

Good for him for pestering you until you caved…it’s phantasmagorically cool! :sunglasses: :+1:

8 Likes

I am a leaf on the wind… watch how I <gack!>

YOU SUNK MY WASH!!!

13 Likes

Still too soon!

13 Likes

A lot of scraps and draftboard died to get that right!

10 Likes

Yeah! Firefly!
** read a little further **
** see Wash skewered, again **
Not cool, man! Not cool!
** leaves to go watch Firefly, again **

12 Likes

You sank my battlestar!

9 Likes

or is it, “you sunk my starship”?

7 Likes

You sure built it to last! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Brilliant!

3 Likes

"A game like this will be with you the rest of your life. "

4 Likes

If and when you decide to put this on etsy, or wherever, I’ll be among the first to buy!

5 Likes

There are things in history that I regret ended too soon. Mozart, Caravaggio, Ramanujan, and then there is Firefly.

11 Likes

If I offer it in any form I’ll make sure that I mention it here so you will know.

4 Likes

That’s very cool looking… and sturdy… not easily sunk.

4 Likes

Is the Firefly on top or sunk into it? I cannot tell.

2 Likes

It is on the surface with 3m sheet adhesive. I’m really liking the stuff.

4 Likes