Scissor lift tables

:slight_smile:may need a little modification
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ambulance-Stretcher-Aluminum-Emergency-Rescue-Medical-Equipment-/322117731101

2 Likes

Like this ā€¦ ???

2 Likes

Iā€™m not actually worried just use common sense, Iā€™m sure most of us here have dealt with things just as sensitive if not more so and a little common sense goes a long way

4 Likes

Permanently? Not a bad idea.

1 Like

Yup, I am looking for a permanent storage that will fit in the back of my GMC Yukon, through all my office building doors/hallways, and into the hearts and minds of the town :smiley:

That $650 hospital gurney has me itching to pull the triggerā€¦ going to try and get a fireman or EMT to let me play with one of theirs so I can see how realistic it is for one person to move such a thing in and out of a vehicle while encumbered.

5 Likes

@dan pretty sure thereā€™s another crowd-funding startup opportunity hereā€¦

3 Likes

If you are really going to move it around, Iā€™d look at a Magliner production cart.
A gurney isnā€™t going to fit in a lot of places, wheras a production cart is designed to fit on-location doorways, etc. ā€¦ and you can fold it up.

3 Likes

Ha ha thats a cute videoā€¦well done except for the sound effects. Being a huge Star Wars geekā€¦and someone who can still quote the first movie including the sound effects (First movie being the original now called a New Hopeā€¦when Han definitly shot first)
alot of the sounds were completely wrong for the scenesā€¦
:confused:

5 Likes

we have a couple from harbor freight that work like a champ.

2 Likes

Better yet, I think Iā€™ll just use these guys to move my Glowforge.
What do you think fellow ladiesā€¦maybe we can share the cost and have them on call ā€¦lmao

5 Likes

Looks like with those I would need to remove the forge when I put things in my vehicle. Almost anything can cover that for me. I want the special snowflake that can have wheels and support on the forge at all times.

Knowing that I am capable of building such a thing helps let me be patient in shopping to see if it already exists at a price I like though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey how did you get that picture of me! :joy:

5 Likes

The other option is to suggest this as a project for some of your students. :wink:

Uhhh yeah, Iā€™m liking this ideaā€¦weā€™ll go with this option. :innocent: :smiling_imp:

Pity the poor fellow on the right is too stoopid to figure out how to put on his shirt thoughā€¦poor babyā€¦:grin:

Like those jeans a lot though.

5 Likes

I own one of these. They are very heavy and I wouldnā€™t recommend transporting them in and out of a car. These are best suited for a level concrete shop floor. But yes, they will take the weight.

wait, how to I get my abs in the glowforge. Iā€™m sure with the variable power I can engrave them to look like that right?

4 Likes

How about thisā€¦sorry if I messed it up.

5 Likes

Where did the water jug go? Did he throw it at the deer to kill it?

Hardcore man!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Could work. But I would be more inclined toward using ramps, since I will already have a wheeled cart. But ramps or this swivel thing can make a simple scissor lift like the Dewalt model viable, and come in cheaper than the hospital type auto-loader.

7 Likes

Iā€™m probably willing to go for a two-step process: remove cart from car and open, then slide GF onto cart. But I think the cart will have to be custom, because some of the venues Iā€™m thinking about are not surrounded by smooth ground. Maybe just keep some burly helpers on hand at all times.

I would have to get a truck for thatā€¦lol. Guess its not an option for me.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes