Scorching on underside of materials

My last few prints I’ve noticed that the side of the material that’s against the honeycomb bed is getting scorched and ruining my prints and I can’t figure out why. The bed is clean and I don’t see any flare ups when it’s running.

The material im using in the above picture is PG clear acrylic. And I’ve seen the issue with almost all other PG materials I’ve used.

Flashback. Totally normal and expected. (And it’s the reason that the Proofgrade materials come with masking on both the front and the back of the material.)

There is a fix for it. You can read more about it here:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=flashback%20%23beyond-the-manual

4 Likes

I am so sorry your print didn’t turn out @ik.ben.goode! After looking into the logs of your print, I believe the source of the printing problem was the settings you used. We recommend using the ‘Proofgrade Cut’ or ‘Proofgrade Engrave’ settings, which have been tested to work perfectly with your material. Using manual settings may produce unwanted results, like you’re seeing here. Please try another print on Proofgrade with Proofgrade settings and let me know if you see similar results. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.