Scratched lens

@geek2nurse and @rbtdanforth recommended I ask this support question, so here it goes…

During one of my long engraves the side lens unscrewed itself and it fell into the side well next to the bed, and it sustained scratches.

Will this affect the functionality of the laser? Is it something I should be concerned about?

2 Likes

Some of that scratching is very close to the center. I would replace as soon as possible :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much @rbtdanforth.

I hope I can be up and running soon. I have a few gifts I wanted to blast out.

I think we can get those in the Shop.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oooo! I cant seem to find it. Hmm

1 Like

Mahalo!!! Ordering!

3 Likes

Ordered! Thank you @Jules and @rbtdanforth !!! This is so wonderful!

6 Likes

Might be something to check periodically. I can’t imagine why it would unscrew itself…

(edit - just checked mine, cant budge it by hand)

(2nd edit - I kind of wish it was loose, because that might explain a change in power on PG material that I experienced for the first time recently.)

1 Like

Sry to see this happened to you but i wanted to say thx as i didn’t know they unscrewed so easily. i just went and checked mine and the one on the head was just about ready to fall off.

1 Like

The sooner this is shipped the better!!! Mahalo!! :slight_smile:

Yay! Shipped! Amazing support! Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thanks for your help @Jules! - I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other issues you can open a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

2 Likes