Scribble transformation

A friend of mine scribbled a stylized dove on a scrap of paper the other day.

I took a photo while she wasn’t looking and let the Glowforge do it’s thing. In a day or two she’ll get a set of acrylic earrings in the mail based on that scribble.

The edges could’ve been a little smoother, but considering the original I think they came out pretty well.

40 Likes

You sneaky devil. That’s a great gift/surprise! :star_struck:

6 Likes

The years that I have been here, there have been so few examples of using the scan feature. Funny, because when I first stumbled on the presale I thought it would be my go-to knowing nothing about either design software or CNC. Subsequently I learned that even fundamental ability with design software unlocks another world.
Yours is a great example of the power that the scanning ability offers. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Scanning! I guess I should’ve tried that!

I brought it into photoshop, tweaked the levels, selected color ranges, used a lot of eraser & rubber stamp… You’re right, though. I PROBABLY should’ve just tried the scan feature first.

Next time!

4 Likes

NIce! Your friend will love them!

2 Likes

Brought into Gimp, make a mask. export mask as svg. but it probably would have lost that sketchy feel :thinking:

1 Like

That’s a great gift. I love the ability to do things like this. Well done!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the nice ting about owning a Glowforge. The other day a friend was talking about how she could never find stuff with her name on it because of the unusual spelling… I’m working on little license plates from her home state, personalized kitchen goodies, and whatever I can think of to personalize with her unusually-spelled name…

3 Likes

She will be tickled at your thoughtfulness.

2 Likes

Today I got this photo - I guess that they went over well…

3 Likes