Search on the Page: Browser Function

Before the “View All” was implemented, when there was the “Show More” (then then you just clicked “Show More” enough times that all your designs would be up, you could simply search on the browser window for the name of a design, and the search function would work as expected.

I could search “Moose” and all of my moose designs would be highlighted.
*** Link below, timed out when trying to upload

Here’s a video of what is happening now - not all the moose show up at once, and what I didn’t mention at the end of this video is that the moose I was looking for didn’t even come up once in this search.

I love “View All” but I want that to please work with the browser search page function to search all the text like it used to. Please and thank you!! I know search and folders, or alpha order is coming, but this is the quick and dirty way that could help right now!

I have tried this both on Chrome and Firefox.

This is a smaller version of the video…
here’s a link, this keeps timing out when uploading.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ycQ9fxx25p3IoL0Z8gFaKJvsSO6_PRfn/view?usp=sharing

Sometimes it only searches what is displayed in the visible portion of the window, sometimes it extends beyond that, and sometimes it even shows there are matches that don’t exist (i.e. the word “chain” only appears twice but Find shows three matches)…

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I tried to watch the video which you linked to, but got a message that I couldn’t access it. Would you be able to provide a different link or email the video to us at support@glowforge.com so we can take a closer look?

Sorry! I just updated the sharing settings.

Thank you for the detailed video and for letting us know about what you ran into. I’m going to send your suggestion about making the app work with browser search page functions to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!