Second best thing this week

Got the email. Nothing is going to eclipse birth of my first child :slight_smile: but a good night’s sleep and this email are definitely tied for second.

51 Likes

Great! Pro or Basic?

1 Like

Congratulations! on both counts!!

1 Like

Great news!!! Wonderful to have your first child, too! :sparkler:

3 Likes

Congrats! Hilarious about a good night’s sleep and this email. With a newborn, you learn to cherish a good night’s sleep even more. ha

1 Like

Thanks.

Got the Basic.

Ya, I suspect the good night sleep will move up in priority, but that’s a second week thing after the true sleep deprivation sets in.

3 Likes

Sleep deprivation is a vastly under-rated productivity tool. :slight_smile: After all, if you’re up anyway, why not forge something?

8 Likes

Congratulations! (On both counts. ) :grinning::dizzy::boom::confetti_ball::balloon::tada:

1 Like

Yay!! :tada::tada::tada: for email and Congratulations on the baby!

1 Like

Eh come up with a system and it’s not THAT bad. (I’m assuming you’re linking sleep deprivation to the baby and not the GF :wink:) We’re going on 7 weeks with our son - I take the 3am feeding, my wife takes the 6am feeding. Swaddles & sound machines are your friend.

Congrats on the baby and the “other” baby!

3 Likes

Congrats^2

yes on the swaddling!!!

3 Likes

They ordered the deluxe kid.

3 Likes

Congratulations!! As a fellow new parent (well, new-ish, the Director of the Nursing Department just turned 6 months old), I’m hoping you create some fantastic baby gear with the Forge, and that all is joyful and healthy with the baby.

3 Likes

Hahaha, The forge and a good nights sleep are tied… that brings back those early years!

Congrats^2!!

BTW you won’t be getting much sleep for the foreseeable future tending to both your babies… :sleeping:

1 Like

You mean there WILL BE SLEEP again one day? Even if I have twins? You’re not joking–There’s really a light at the end of the tunnel? Do I need to wear protective glasses to admire it?

2 Likes

Some eye protection is advisable while tending to babies, my son used to like to play “fountain” when you changed his diaper…

2 Likes

No. Even when they’re grown up you worry about them :slight_smile:

When they were babies I used to go in their room to just make sure they were still breathing.

Now that they’re grown I worry when they’re driving somewhere far (which statistically I shouldn’t since it’s the close by driving that bites most folks) or when they’re out really late (and they don’t even live at home anymore :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

That’s so true… Mine are 30 to 33 and I still check that they are “still breathing”.

2 Likes