Second light box

I love freepik. Are you using a led strip between each layer?

1 Like

No just on the cover. I basically ran them around the perimeter of the back cover and a few across the top middle.

If you give it a try, let me know how it works. I tried a LOT of cutting tests to try to minimize the smoke staining and nothing worked very well. The engrave cutting was so much better than any cut settings I tried.

1 Like

That is stunning! I like them both.

1 Like

Here’s what I did with the lights in the back since some of you were curious.

10 Likes

Going to program sequences with Arduino? :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Someday Chris. I took this great workshop recently where this awesome guy taught me Arduino basics :smiley:

3 Likes

And PS - I was able to go home and do that electronics kit with my son that I told you about. I was able to explain to him how the bread board works and circuits and resistors. It was fun.

7 Likes

Do you add any adhesive to the strips? All the ones I get have pretty weak tape that dries up and unsticks after a short time. I’ve taken to hot gluing the strips in place.

1 Like

So far, I haven’t needed to. The adhesive on the strips I got is quite strong. I ordered a kit from Amazon (I’m in Canada) and then I’ve just purchased extra controllers, remotes and power sources from Aliexpress as the rolls of LEDs are quite long.

2 Likes