Seeking membership in the ANS

This doesn’t hold a candle to the amazingly beautiful Scrabble board made by @ahvaness, but I’m hoping this might get me into the ANS, the Amazing Nana Society.…which I think must surely be a subsidiary of @geek2nurse’s awesome grandma’s club.

My eldest grandson is intrigued with a fabricated alphabet called Aurebesh, and asked me to make him these futuristic Scrabble tiles. I had previously downloaded the font at his request…which is why I was able to make them to use on their regular Scrabble board…

From Star Wars; Aurebesh was a writing system used to transcribe Galactic Basic, one of the most used languages in the galaxy. In the Outer Rim Territories, Aurebesh was sometimes used alongside Outer Rim Basic, another alphabet.

And, here I thought I knew everything.

I was remiss in making these the right size…which should have been .75” (these are 1”), so he will have to be innovative as far as being able to play them on a regular board. There are 100 tiles that took nearly an hour to engrave and cut and almost another hour to weed.

What don’t we do for our grandchildren…….

34 Likes

You. Are. Awesome.

4 Likes

Having never gone very far beyond the movies I had no idea. And you are a super granny.

5 Likes

You’re winning all the awards!

5 Likes

Thanks! Made me think of granny in the Beverly Hillbillies! (I don’t follow any of that stuff in movies, either)

3 Likes

You DO win the Gson award of the day! You May just have print him a board that fits the tiles…

4 Likes

I actually considered that, but because I made the tiles so large, the board would be larger than the bed allowance. I’d have to hinge it in the middle…which isn’t out of the question, but I don’t think I want to work that hard. :grin:

2 Likes

This is so cool. I can’t read Aurebesh, but somehow, I can write it. (My native tongue is Bocce.)

Aurebesh_Scrabble

4 Likes

Nice job! The alphabet makes my brain hurt though. :laughing:

3 Likes

That right there is indeed a brain hurt, as mentioned.
Playing Scrabble with a make believe alphabet? Ouch…

3 Likes

I think your membership is being held until they are 0.75” :slight_smile:

Orrr maybe a wooden set also? I’m just looking out for him! It is all laid out… you know what needs to be done, and it will be faster than designing a 1 in board. :slight_smile:

Do it, do it, do it!

Cool project by the way!!! Thank you for sharing this neat idea.

3 Likes

Well, thanks for having my back on this…but no wooden board. I’m done with this project…wears me out just thinking about it. :rofl: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hehehehe it is an awesome project:)

2 Likes

Very neat! We grandparents do our best!

2 Likes