Seeking support for Ky tornado victims

Hello.
I’m making keychains to raise money for the tornado victims of my hometown, Mayfield, KY. The city took a direct hit and we have 5000 displaced individuals who lost homes, vehicles, their place of employment. There we’re several deaths from a candle factory that was full of employees when it collapsed…
I’m wondering if anyone wants to donate wood or $ for my supplies? Or could maybe point me to a company that might help? I’m currently using my own wood that I purchased myself but will run out soon. I can’t afford to buy any more on my own. If I could get some assistance then I could give more of the proceeds to the cause. I would love to be able to donate 100% to it. I hope this is allowed, as I know this community is a great group of caring individuals. Photos of the devastation…
If you prefer to donate, here is the fundraiser link:

16 Likes

I tracked that tornado the night it happened and watched it run right over Mayfield…I’m so sorry.

Has anyone set up a GoFundMe for them? That would be the quickest way to raise enough funds to make a difference in their lives, and good people will generally help if they can. (I’ve never set one up but I see a lot of people have raised significant money doing it.)

Good for you for trying to help any way you can.

8 Likes

@Jules. Thank you.
It is heartbreaking. The city does have a fund set up. Many people are selling #Mayfieldstrong shirts and yard signs, so I just wanted to do something different like a keychain. So when people see it, they remember how our little community came together in such a trying time to help their fellow man.

7 Likes

Every little bit is going to help, there are no small contributions. Will you be selling them locally or across the internet?

2 Likes

I will be selling both locally and online.

2 Likes

Post a link to your online shop when you get them up… folks here might want to support the effort that way as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ok. How do I post to my timeline?? Lol

1 Like

Ya got me! I’ve never tried to load one of those up here either! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
(I think I’m going to go try to find the GFM now though, while I’m thinking about it, because it’s a very busy week, but it’s a good place to donate this year…best of luck with the sales…you’ll be making a difference.) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes
2 Likes

@Jules I just added it to my profile. Not sure where else to put it. If anyone knows, please advise… thanks

1 Like

I think folks will see it here (and there) just fine. (I just shot your GFM a small donation to get you started in addition to the other one… good luck with it!) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I shared it out. Everything about this sucks, and donations seem like such a tiny way to help - but I still hope it helps!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It is truly so much to comprehend. Even I was shocked when we drove through town. The photos on the news just don’t do justice to the level of destruction. It even took out our water tower and the whole city block around it was pretty much leveled.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Thank you for putting a personal face on this. Hope my contribution helps with your project & the town recover.

2 Likes

So sorry to you and your fellow survivors for what you are going through. I’m up in Canada so not much help with the materials unfortunately.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

That is okay. I understand. I have decided that ultimately a fundraiser would do more for the community. That way I can concentrate on raising money and volunteering wherever I’m needed. Please considering donating or share the link with anyone who might want to help. God Bless!

1 Like

I will, and good luck with your fundraising.

1 Like

@Jules, Here it is…

3 Likes