Separate Vector Shapes for Engraving?

I have an SVG (I work in Illustrator) that has different vector shapes, but whenever I import the file into the GF app, it assumes all vector shapes should be treated the same and they all appear under one settings tab.

The only way I’ve been able to have them show up separated is if I set the fill colors differently. Does that affect the engrave? I want all engraves to be as deep as possible (which is why I always imported them as solid black).

Objects are grouped by color, as you have discovered.

Engrave depth for vectors is determined by settings, not by color.

Only raster images and the “vary power” setting change engrave intensity by absolute brightness.

1 Like

Perfect, good to know. Thanks! =)

1 Like

Just one more thing - with really complex designs with many elements, the UI will sometimes group unexpectedly/undesirably. Just something to watch out for.

1 Like

Im sorry you were having issues with vectors for engraving. I’m happy you got your questions answered.

Thank you @eflyguy for answering @pauljima’s questions.

If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help. I will be closing this topic since a solution was found.